Do you know how you can go to a big city like Vegas and the air stinks. Or you can go to Cali and it smells like the ocean mixed with some smog? How about Montana, Montana smells like the fresh outdoors. Well, Tennessee has it's own smell. Call me crazy but it does. I can try to describe what it's like but it won't give it justice. It's that smell of all the trees and flowers mixed with some BBQ whenever the the wind blows a gentle breeze. It's amazing.
This week I realized that I spend a lot of time at home. A lot... Someday I'll be able to go out and shop and go out to fancy restaurants but as of now, we're college students...need I say more. We did window shop which is always fun. I had fun going to the store and trying on random clothes and looking at jewelry and at decor for our "dream" house. Lol. Sometimes it makes me sad that I can't have a life style where I can go on vacations or shop endlessly or even just go out to Olive Garden or Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner but then I remember a quote I once read:
"Someone else is happy with less than you have."
We don't have a mansion but, we have a home. We don't get fancy dinners but we have food. We don't have iphones but we have cell phones. We don't get to go on Vacation but we have air conditioning and a heater. Then I remember another quote:
| Brad wrapped my ankles! |
"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the BEST days our lives haven't happened yet."
Heck, I'm only 20 years old. I'm not suppose to have this pinterest life style that I dream about. Maybe someday we will because we will work for it but as of now, we've just got to live life and be grateful for what we have!
I went to school with Brad one day this week. Since he is going into athletic training, he has to practice a lot. I let him practice wrapping my feet, ankles, toes, etc. It's actually pretty fun. The baseball team played a game Saturday at practice. Which means it wasn't technically a game but I don't know what else to call it. A mini game? A practice game? I don't know. He went 2 for 3 and threw someone out at home which was good! He loves Baseball so much! This week he has to also go to "chapel." I'm going with him to "chapel." Oh, I am D.E.F.I.N.I.T.E.L.Y excited for that :)
![]() |
| Greyhound Bus Station |
I got a bug bite on my finger this last week which beats the one I had on my foot. Bug bites on your finger hurt MUCH more than your feet. Whenever I use to think about bug spray, I would think of camping. Normal people only wear bug spray when you go camping. I'm not normal...then again, I never was. I now wear bug spray every day BUT because of that, I'm no longer getting bit! Hallelujah!!!
Lastly, we went downtown last night. It's really old so there's tons of history. They have plaques on the side of the buildings so people can see what was originally in the shops in the 1800's and 1900's. It's really neat. We went down there to take some pictures but there's a lot to see so we're going to go back again sometime. I want to take a lot more pictures and go inside some of the shops.
![]() |
| Greyhound Bus Station |
The whole time we were at the old Greyhound bus station I had the song "Backseat of a Greyhound Bus" by Sara Evans stuck in my head. It wasn't until I got home and listened to it that I realized it makes reference to Jackson and Memphis.
Backseat of a Greyhound Bus:
![]() |
| Brad and Nelly |




Great pics of the Greyhound Station.
ReplyDelete