Sunday, September 16, 2012

Almost 1 Month!


We've almost lived in TN for a month. It's been an amazing journey so far!

 

It’s GREEN:
 It's incredibly green here!!! When I moved to Cedar from Vegas, I thought that Cedar was green. I was wrong... Although with the green comes bugs. EVERY TIME I go outside I get bit by a bug. Seriously. I've had bug bites on my arms, legs, hands, wrists and feet. The ones on the feet are the WORST. I tried bug bite itch lotion but that didn't help. So, I went on pinterest to figure out what else I could do... I've tried deodorant, soap, and nail polish. I've gotten over my fear of bugs. When I see one, I SQUISH it! Except spiders. Spiders are an exception...

 

When it rains, it pours:

After Hurricane Isaac we had some really heavy rain. When it rains here, it pours. The thunder is terrifying. It's honestly the scariest thunder I've ever heard. It sounds like a monster is coming out of the sky! Even when it’s not raining here, it’s REALLY humid.

Here’s an example: Last night we went to a couple different stores. Every time we went outside, we could actually see the humidity in the air. If I’m wearing my glasses and I go from being in a nice cool store outside into the humidity, my glasses will fog up for a second.

 

Muse Park:

We found a park not too far from our house. It's called Muse Park. We like to go to the park at least once a week. I love sitting on the dock doing homework. Nelly also loves it. As soon as Nelly sees the lake she gets ecstatic. She can swim FOREVER. Last week we threw a stick in the water for her to fetch but, she saw another stick that she wanted instead. She started tugging on the stick and began to struggle. We thought she was going to drown dragging this branch that she insisted on bringing to us. Finally, she made it to shore. She brought us a small tree! She almost drowned getting it but hey, she was proud that she got it!
 

 

Baseball:

Baseball Locker Room
Brad loves the baseball program. He is very spoiled here. The team gets a locker room, indoor turf field, the dugout has bathrooms and the playing field is really nice! My favorite part is that the field house has washers to wash all the baseball uniforms so we don't have to wash them at home! Whoooo! School's also going great for him. Union is a Private Baptist University so Brad's the only undergraduate that's a Mormon. He's in the Athletic Training Program and is spending a lot of time working with the soccer teams on campus. We went to a minor league game last week (Jackson Generals who are the farm team for the Seattle Mariners) and it was a TON of fun! Brad got to hit later  that week with one of the coaches! MLB here we come!
Union University Baseball Field

 

Drive with Caution:

Lastly, we’ve learned to drive with CAUTION. The roads here will sometimes stop. They will literally just stop. No reflectors, no dead end sign, no lights, nothing. Brad and I were driving down a road and then, all of the sudden, there were trees and plants! The road was literally gone. It turned into a forest. So, if you’re driving, pay attention and don’t accidently drive into a river or tree.

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment