Friday, September 14, 2012

Church in TN


Where is Jackson, TN?
Jackson is 80 miles from Memphis and about 180 miles from Nashville.

 
What is the Population of Jackson?
About 65,000 people


How many Wards are in Jackson?
1 ward


Our town has 65,000 people and it has 1 ward with about 120 active members. I absolutely LOVE it.  People were very excited to have new members in the ward and have been so helpful and welcoming!


1st Sunday: We were invited over to a couple different families’ homes for dinner.
2nd Sunday: I was volunteering in Nursery.
3rd Sunday: I taught the 6 year olds and we spoke in Sacrament.

 
Nashville TN Temple (about 180 miles away)
We love the fact that we’ve been able to jump right into things. As of now, I’m teaching the CTR 6 class and love it! I have about 9 kids and they are all really cute! On Sunday, in primary, the sharing time teacher was showing different pictures. One of the kids in my class shouted out, "I have a picture of the 2,000 stripling warriors in my room and I have another picture too!" Another kid instantly shouted out, "I have a picture of Darth Vader in my room!" All the adults started laughing. The kids crack me up!


A lot of the members are either kids or people in their 30’s or older. I haven’t met a married couple that’s our age yet. We're definitely not in Utah anymore. The missionaries are the closest to our age. We have both sisters and elders in our ward. We’re having them over for dinner in a couple weeks. I suggested that we feed them something really WeIrD and GrOsS but Brad said we had to be nice... That last sentence was in a joking voice :)

 
Memphis TN Temple (about 80 miles away)
It’s weird how small the ward is but I’m getting use to it. When I go back to UT, it’s going to freak me out how big the ward is. When I helped in Nursery a couple weeks ago, there were only 4 kids! In the chapel, there’s 7 rows of benches and the over flow is only 4 rows of chairs. In Relief Society, they only set up 3 rows of chairs. It’s also weird that we don’t have to share a building with anyone else but like I said before, we LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment