Friday, August 31, 2012

Surgery



I got surgery on September 7th. I thought it was fun! Brad thinks I'm a freak because I love hospitals. We got to the hospital at about 7:30 am. Everyone says that IVs hurt really but when I got mine, it didn't hurt at all. To all of you guys in the future who need IVs, don't worry. They don't hurt that bad. Surgery was at 9:15 ish. I hung out with Brad and we watched "Bones" until it was time. My friend's dad was my anesthesiologist which was pretty cool. Gotta love living in a small town. Him and Dr. Heath came in and spoke with me for a second about what was going to happen.
Watching "Bones" on the ipad

Eventually, I was wheeled back to the OR. I was having fun talking to everyone in there who was prepping. They were really nice and thought I was crazy. They said most people aren't so "happy" and "calm" before surgery. The anesthesiologist told me he was going to put something in my IV to relax me then he would put the mask over my face so that I would go to sleep. After I was asleep he would put a tube down my throat. As soon as he put the stuff in my IV the room started spinning and it was making me sick. I told them, "The room is spinning and it's making me sick so I'm going to go to sleep. Good Luck!" My surgery was an hour and a half so it got done at like 11 ish.

Right after surgery.

When I first woke up I cried for a second because the pain was so bad but crying made it worse so I stopped and they gave me more meds. I didn't throw up or have any problems other than breathing. When I go under I forget to breath or don't breath enough. It's weird. They put me on oxygen for a while and I was discharged at about 1:30. 

The burned off my Endometriosis (google that word if you don't know what it means.) and put dye in my Fallopian tubes. The dye wouldn't go through one of the tubes which means it might be blocked... Dr. Heath also took out my appendix because I showed signs of appendicitis. Lastly, we also discovered that my body is making too much insulin which is slowly giving me Type 2 Diabetes. Everything went really well! Things could be much worse!

Surgery isn't scary at all. If you every have to get it, don't worry. Like I said, it's kind of fun! 

-A

 

No comments:

Post a Comment