Monday, October 1, 2012

Paying with Pennies


I decided that I am going to try to update our blog on Monday’s instead of Sundays. Why? Well, Sunday is the only day my husband is actually home and I like spending time with him :) 

I forgot to tell everyone, the weekend before last, our ward asked volunteers to help with the rebuild in Louisiana from Hurricane Isaac. I was extremely excited to go help and take pictures but then they called it off so we didn’t get to go.... 

I did sooo much homework this week. My record: 9 1/2 hours STRAIGHT! Well, except for bathroom and food breaks. After that experience, I pretty much proved that it’s not psychologically okay to do homework for that long. I finished my Math assignments last. By the end, I was crying. I got to the point where I would have rather had the Second Coming come then finish Math.... You would think that after 9 1/2 hours of homework, I would be done, NOPE! I now do homework in increments and have discovered that watching youtube videos makes me feel much better. For those who don’t know, one of my favorite actresses is Kate Walsh :) I find her interviews to be entertaining. She has so much personality! 

Pizza Rolls!
Kate Walsh on Lopez Tonight

Kate Walsh on Ellen

I was going to go to chapel this week with Brad but wasn’t feeling well... I’m going to go to the next one. 

R.I.P. Vacuum
December 2011 - September 2012
This week I learned that a person should empty out the vacuum FREQUENTLY. I on the other hand, did not. I only empty it every once in a while because its gross or I wait for Brad to empty it. Because I waited too long to empty it, all the dog hair and stuff I vacuumed up got stuck in the motor and it killed the vacuum. We got a new one this week and had lots of fun assembling it! Nelly is TERRIFIED of vacuums. It doesn’t matter if the vacuum is on or off. She won’t touch it. We've learned that we can use the vacuums to contain her into an area and because she's afraid of them, she'll sit there and won't move! She is also afraid of lighters and combs. We have such a strange dog! But, lesson learned. Even if it’s gross, I have to empty the vacuum..... 
$13 in change





We went out to eat to a place called Steak ‘n Shake. They are known for their “Steakburgers.” I really liked their fries but 5 guys has better hamburgers. See that picture to the right, yep, that’s how we paid for our meal! We had $13 to spend and it was all in pennies, nickels, and dimes! Our meal was $9.09 and we left a tip of $1.50! I felt bad leaving a tip in change and it was embarrassing when we had to pay but it was sort of fun. One day, we’ll look back and laugh at that night!


On Saturday, we had the missionaries  over. Brad made very yummy food! We had home made pizza and breadsticks. He also made Nutella Croissant dessert things. Not one bit healthy but they were DELICIOUS!!!! 
Spying on Nelly

We’ve been leaving Nelly at home when we go places and she’s been doing so well! She only barks if someone walks by but doesn’t tear up anything. It’s such a relief to come home to a house that isn’t destroyed. Lol.

As of today, its been a crawl in bed-cuddle up-watch a movie-play board games-make-soup sorta day. It’s 60 degrees and raining. I love this weather and am excited to see what this week has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment